Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing data from Web using Excel

Hi,

I want to write a macro to import the data from a Web page. I know that I
can type in the whole URL in the Edit Web Query in Excel. However, problem
arises in this specific web page. In order to get the data, I have to use
the mouse to click a specific word on the web page but the URL remains
unchanged. ie. even though I put the URL in the web query, I won't be able
to get the data that I want as it only give me the main page of the site.

Is there any way I can program in Excel to automatically download the data
for me?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure you actual data is not on in a Frame ?
Using FireFox or Opera, right click somewhere near the word you click, but
on white space, and use the menu items under Frame.
With IE, not sure, maybe you have to read the Source HTML.

If it is a frame, you can use the URL of the frame instead of the main web
page.

NickHK