Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default nested query

I have a table that contains Emplid, date, action data as below
Emplid, date, action
2000, 01/01/2007, PAY
2000, 02/02/2007, LEAVE
2001, 03/01/2006, HIRE

I am trying to write MS query in Excel that would fetch me for any emplid
given at runtime and with maximum date.

when I run the query it should ask me to input emplid (e.g 2000) and
expected result should return as below
2000, 02/02/2007, LEAVE

when I rerun the query with different emplid it should give me highest date
row.

your help is appreciated.