Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Simple Excel Formatting

I am trying to collect information from other worksheets, and I want to
delete the rows which are empty.
Basically, I want to search each worksheet for "True/False". If Worksheet 2
has A1=True, then I want to print on Worksheet 1 (my summary sheet) B1 and
B2. If it is false, I want to continue the seach on the second line, etc...
Using an "if" statement will list all the true values, but if the values are
false it leaves a blank line.
I am new to programming, and suspect there is an easy way to create a macro
to solve this?
Any help?
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The explanation of what you need to do is somewhat ambiguous. What do you
mean by A1=True? Do you mean if A1 contains data or are you searching for a
specific data element? Which sheet do you want the blank rows deleted from?
It looks as if you want to copy data from other sheets if data is found in
the searched range, but again you need to clarify the A1=True description.
If you can define the search criteria (data element to look for), where you
expect to find it (worksheet column or row) and what action you want taken if
found (copy from, paste to, delete what) then I am pretty sure someone will
help you.

"Darcy" wrote:

I am trying to collect information from other worksheets, and I want to
delete the rows which are empty.
Basically, I want to search each worksheet for "True/False". If Worksheet 2
has A1=True, then I want to print on Worksheet 1 (my summary sheet) B1 and
B2. If it is false, I want to continue the seach on the second line, etc...
Using an "if" statement will list all the true values, but if the values are
false it leaves a blank line.
I am new to programming, and suspect there is an easy way to create a macro
to solve this?
Any help?
--
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess that explanation is a bit ambigous.
Let me (try to) explain differently.
Cell A1 is bascially a checkbox, indicating either "true" or "False". If
True is selected, then I want to capture the the information from cells B1
(tech spec No.) and C1 (tech Spec Description). Anything which is not checked
(thus false), does not need to be collected.
As there are as many as 50-60 checkboxes per worksheet, and upwards of 30
worksheets, the intent is to summarize all the "true" cells in each worksheet
on a master summary worksheet.
The summary worksheet will only contain cells B1 and C1 from all the
worksheets. Hence, someone can review the summary sheet and read all the tech
specs which apply and not have to read through all 30 worksheets.
Hope this makes a bit more sense.
My next stop is Borders Bookstore, "Visual Basic for Dummies"!!!
--
Thanks