Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bcamp1973

Default simple conditional formatting

ok, i'm new to all this so i'm sure i'm overlooking something simple,
however i'm trying to do some simple conditional formatting. i want to
say, if cell F11 is cell C11 then make the text in cell F11 red. In
the conditional formatting window I've selected "formula is" and
entered this...

="IF((C11-(E11-(C11*$C$3/$C$6)))C11)"

nothing is happening i know the formula is working so it's not
that...what am i overlooking?

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Looks like you've complicated things. Go to F11

For the CF use Cell Value Is:

Select Greater Than and in the next box C11. Click on Format and
select Patterns/Red. OK, OK. This will highlight F11 in red if it is
greater than C11.

Regards,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth

If you've got quotes around the formula, it's *not* working

Don't quite see how the formula relates to the conditional formatting you
want.

Use Formula is =F11C11

Regards

Trevor

"bcamp1973" wrote
in message ...

ok, i'm new to all this so i'm sure i'm overlooking something simple,
however i'm trying to do some simple conditional formatting. i want to
say, if cell F11 is cell C11 then make the text in cell F11 red. In
the conditional formatting window I've selected "formula is" and
entered this...

="IF((C11-(E11-(C11*$C$3/$C$6)))C11)"

nothing is happening i know the formula is working so it's not
that...what am i overlooking?

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bcamp1973

Still not working...although your explanation obviously clears things
up. I'm wondering, the value of F11 is based on a calculation that
uses the value of C11. Woudl that break this?

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bcamp1973

Trevor Shuttleworth Wrote:
If you've got quotes around the formula, it's *not* working

Don't quite see how the formula relates to the conditional formatting
you
want.

Use Formula is =F11C11

Regards

Trevor

That works! thanks!

--
bcamp1973
bcamp1973's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32268
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

"bcamp1973" wrote
in message ...