Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML Maps and SpreadsheetML

Hello,

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that contains an XML Map. The XML Map is
based on an ADO.NET dataset saved as an XML file. The XML schema for the XML
source data was generated automatically I opened the XML file in Excel and
used the XML Source task pane.

I would like to somehow convert the spreadsheet to an .XSL file then use
SpreadsheetML and XSLCompiledTransform.Transform() in C# to import data from
another XML File into the XML Map and save it to a new spreadsheet.

1) Has anyone been able to successfully convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet
containing XML Maps into an .XSL file?

2) Has anyone been able to successfully use SpreadsheetML and
XSLCompiledTransform.Transform() in C# to import XML data into an XML Map and
create a spreadsheet?

I realize I can use the Excel object model and .ImportXML() to accomplish
the same purpose. I'm trying to bypass the Excel object model if at all
po$$ible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Wendell G.