Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SpreadsheetML <Data... question

Hi;

I am trying to find the right mananged NG to ask questions about
SpreadsheetML. I am hoping this is it. (microsoft.public.office.xml is not a
managed group.)

Inside <ss:Data ... </ss:Data you can have <Font, <B, <I, and <U. I
was wondering if there is a list of all tags allowed (ie are there other
ones)? And what attributes are supported with <Font.

I know it uses the html namespace and so you can "use" any html tag. My
question is which html tags does Excel actually recognize and use for it's
formatting. For example, <table, <tr & <td are legal html tags - but if
you use them you do not get s table inside a spreadsheet cell. But if you use
<b you do get bold.

So which tags does Excel use?

--
thanks - dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

So far I did not find such a list.
But as the document said, the type can be any so all will be accepted if it
is defined in the xsd file in the spreadsheetml schema.
You may look into the xsd files in the path below.
<Program Files\Microsoft Office 2003 Developer Resources\Microsoft Office
2003 XML Reference Schemas\SpreadsheetML Schemas

Also if we take a look at the sample xml file generated by excel, we will
see many name space.

<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"

Also if we look into every xsd, we will find it will also include and
reference other namespace.
<xsd:schema
targetNamespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/2003/xml"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/2003/xml"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
xmlns:udc="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="qualified"
<xsd:import namespace="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
schemaLocation="excel.xsd" /
<xsd:import namespace="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
schemaLocation="excelss.xsd" /
<xsd:import namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc"
schemaLocation="udc.xsd" /

So the excel can parse so many tags, which is simiar with the C++ header
file, we can just include to get the predefined type.

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support