Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SpreadsheetML - auto row height

Hi;

I am trying to find the right mananged NG to ask questions about
SpreadsheetML. I am hoping this is it. (microsoft.public.office.xml is not a
managed group.)

How do I set a row to auto-size to display all text. I have a case where the
text has 4 \n's in it and it shows just the first 2 lines rather than all 5
lines.

--
thanks - dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I did not understanding your meaning very well.
Do you mean you wants to display four lines of text in one row?
But excel arrange data based on cell, so do you mean cell or else?

Also can you build a simple test xls file to demostate your scenario and
post in the newsgroup as attachment?
Also I think you may try to save the xls file into xlm file to see if there
is any tag will meet your request.

If you still have any concern please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi;

This is an xml file I am creating. The row contents (from the xml file) a
<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="13.5"
<Cell ss:StyleID="s21"<Data ss:Type="String"line

line
line
line
line5</Data</Cell
<Cell ss:StyleID="s26"<Data ss:Type="String"fred</Data</Cell
</Row

But all Excel displays is "line1". If I force the row to be taller then I
can see all 5 lines - but I have to force it.

??? - thanks - dave

""Peter Huang" [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi

I did not understanding your meaning very well.
Do you mean you wants to display four lines of text in one row?
But excel arrange data based on cell, so do you mean cell or else?

Also can you build a simple test xls file to demostate your scenario and
post in the newsgroup as attachment?
Also I think you may try to save the xls file into xlm file to see if there
is any tag will meet your request.

If you still have any concern please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Based on my test, we can enter line break in the cell by using Alt-Break.
You may try to test in the excel and then save it as xml file for
troubleshooting.

Here is the test file for your reference.
<?xml version="1.0"?
<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?
<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
<DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
<AuthorPeter Huang</Author
<LastAuthorPeter Huang</LastAuthor
<Created2004-12-20T03:19:34Z</Created
<CompanyMicrosoft Corporation</Company
<Version11.6360</Version
</DocumentProperties
<ExcelWorkbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
<WindowHeight9345</WindowHeight
<WindowWidth15180</WindowWidth
<WindowTopX120</WindowTopX
<WindowTopY45</WindowTopY
<ProtectStructureFalse</ProtectStructure
<ProtectWindowsFalse</ProtectWindows
</ExcelWorkbook
<Styles
<Style ss:ID="Default" ss:Name="Normal"
<Alignment ss:Vertical="Bottom"/
<Borders/
<Font/
<Interior/
<NumberFormat/
<Protection/
</Style
<Style ss:ID="s21"
<Alignment ss:Vertical="Bottom" ss:WrapText="1"/
</Style
</Styles
<Worksheet ss:Name="Sheet1"
<Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="1" ss:ExpandedRowCount="1"
x:FullColumns="1"
x:FullRows="1"
<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="1"
<Cell ss:StyleID="s21"<Data
ss:Type="String"line1 line2 line3</Data</Cell
</Row
</Table
<WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
<Selected/
<Panes
<Pane
<Number3</Number
<ActiveRow6</ActiveRow
<ActiveCol1</ActiveCol
</Pane
</Panes
<ProtectObjectsFalse</ProtectObjects
<ProtectScenariosFalse</ProtectScenarios
</WorksheetOptions
</Worksheet
<Worksheet ss:Name="Sheet2"
<WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
<ProtectObjectsFalse</ProtectObjects
<ProtectScenariosFalse</ProtectScenarios
</WorksheetOptions
</Worksheet
<Worksheet ss:Name="Sheet3"
<WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
<ProtectObjectsFalse</ProtectObjects
<ProtectScenariosFalse</ProtectScenarios
</WorksheetOptions
</Worksheet
</Workbook

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi;

Yes - thank you. It requires ss:AutoFitHeight="1" (with no height set - dumb
on my part) to make this work.

thanks - dave