Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel crashes when I try to save workbook

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with Excel 2003 and also with Excel 2000.

I have a large workbook (~12 MByte) with 9 worksheet.
On this workbook I have a complex vba macro that collect and order the
various sheet's cells data and export views of the data on some txt files.

The problem is that Excel crash when I try to save the workbook in the
following situation:

I open the workbook with marcro disabled;
I save the workbook and the save operation is done;
I re-open the workbook and I execute my macro;
I save the workbook and the save operation is done (the workbook file size
is strangely increased);
I re-open the workbook;
I try to save the workbook and excel crashes!!!

If at this point I re-open the workbook with macro disabled and I try to
save the workbook, the save operation is done and the workbook file size
decrease.

any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try to create a new Wbook with the same contents,...
I think your Wbook makes Excel's memory leak

Halim

"Lorenzo Melato" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Halim,

thanks for your post. I also think that the problem is due to memory leak,
but what's the advantage of creating a new workbook with the same contents?

Lorenzo

"Lorenzo Melato" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lorenzo,

Because Excel creates new Book with new bytes... so I think there will no
memory leak if Excel recognizes new book with the correct arrangement of byte
values...

Halim