Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ori Ori is offline

Default Excel crashes when trying to save.

Hello all,

I have a pretty complicated worksheet iv been working on. It has about
10 sheets in, and many many macros, and uses a DDE interface to connect
to a different program.

Yesterday, I finished working on it, saved, and went to bed.
Today, iv opened it up, but without me even changing a thing, it wont
let me save at all. Neither "Save As" with a different name, or the
regular save is working. I tried moving it to a different computer, and
it doesnt save there either.

It says excel has crashed, and asks me if I would like to send an error
report.

I dont understand it, as I changed nothing since the last save
yesterday (which worked fine).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Ori
Ori's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37675

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ori,

Try the "Open and repair" option in the Open button of the File - Open
dialog. I think this varies with the version of Excel.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Ori" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ori Ori is offline

Actually, while copying the spreadsheet over to an old version from a
few weeks ago, it managed to save again somehow, and has been working
fine ever since. (Wish I knew what was wrong in the first place though
so I could make sure it wouldnt happen again)

Iv never heard of that option though, and will keep it in mind if
anything like this happens again.

Thanks for your help.