Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New and exciting things

Ok here si the biggie for me.

Say I have data in A3:A8, in C4 ihas a formula that seeks out data from
another area in sheet and will return Data matching one or more of the Cells
in A3:A8. How can i make it make the data that matches in A3:A8 Bpld or
highlight the cell? I dont use VBA yet as its far down the road for me.

Example

A3 Banana
A4 Orange C4 Orange
A5 Apple
A6 Pear
A7 Plum
A8 Pineapple

want it to

A3 Banana
A4 Orange (Bold) (or Highlighted) C4 Orange
A5 Apple
A6 Pear
A7 Plum
A8 Pineapple

Still havent figured out how to make it match multiples yet but may have to
change my formula to do that so single would be good for now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a feature called Conditional Formatting that can hilight a cell
based on its contents. See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200715

"Khanjohn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

Select A3:A8. Choose Format/Conditional formatting. Use the dropdowns
and input box to read

CF1: Cell Value is equal to =$C$4
Format: <font/<bold or <pattern/<highlight color