Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A few things

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can when I
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home page and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to 2015. I
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For the second question. Include the following code in the Workbook code area:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("A").Activate
n = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To n
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Date Then
Cells(i, 1).Select
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End Sub

When the workbook is opened, sheet A will be activated and the cell in
column A containing today's date will be selected.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can when I
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home page and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to 2015. I
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gary, I have 3 pages, I've opened the basic editor and tried everything but
I can't seem to get it to work.
I have Sheet1 (Front Page)
Sheet2 (Home)
Sheet3 (A)
And this workbook. Do I have to insert a module and put it there on click on
one of the pages in the basic editor?

Bryan.

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can when
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home page
and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to 2015. I
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it
needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Double-click on Thisworkbook and paste the code in there.

BTW.........for clarity

Sheet1 (Front Page)
Sheet2 (Home)
Sheet3 (A)

are Worksheets, not "pages".

"pages" are what you print.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can when
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home page
and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to 2015. I
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it
needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Gord.
I have been following some of your posts on other web pages, you seem to get
everywhere...:)
I do know that they are not pages, I was only quoting what was showing in
the editor.

Bryan.

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can
when
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home
page
and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to 2015.
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it
is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it
needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked insofar as when the workbook opened it went to that page. But,
what I wanted to do is for it to open on the (front page) Sheet1, then if
you click the tab for sheet3 it opens on the date today which is in column
A.

As others will be using this, from past experience people never return then
save. If they check something from 6 months ago, the next person has to
scroll back again. Is there any other way of doing this please?

Bryan.

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

1. Why can't I record a macro when I type a name in a cell, but can
when
use a text box? Is it possible?

2. I have a 3 page workbook. I have the opening page, then the home
page
and
then the 'A' page. On the 'A' page I have in column A the dates for
everyday, minus week ends and bank holidays from 02/01/2008 up to
2015. I
want to be able to go directly to today's date as soon as it is
opened.
There will be 6 others using this workbook, and depending on where it
is
when saved will open in that position. Not all will have it where it
needs
to be to update daily.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right-click on Sheet3 tab and "View Code"

Paste this into that sheet module.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Me.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Select
End Sub

Gord