Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default Automating the copying of a line

Hello
Can anyone suggest the best approach to add a new line of to a specific
point (specifically in the position of the next blank cell in a particular
column). The line would be a copy of one of the previous ones without any of
the inputted data but keeping all the formula on the line.
I want to do this from a button.
Also is it possible to have a input box appear so the user can input any
required data that will then be added to the new line?
Alot I know but I have not been using Excel much
Thanks
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Mantrid,

If your sheet is in a standard table form (column headings, one row per item, etc), you can
use Data - Form. Normally, a row is added to the end of a table, then the table is sorted
as needed at any time, putting rows where they belong for the immediate need. Be careful
using Excel's Sort -- select either one cell or the entire table -- never a column or any
part of the table other than one cell.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already
top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome.

"mantrid" wrote in message
Hello
Can anyone suggest the best approach to add a new line of to a specific
point (specifically in the position of the next blank cell in a particular
column). The line would be a copy of one of the previous ones without any of
the inputted data but keeping all the formula on the line.
I want to do this from a button.
Also is it possible to have a input box appear so the user can input any
required data that will then be added to the new line?
Alot I know but I have not been using Excel much
Thanks
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
Mantrid,

If your sheet is in a standard table form (column headings, one row per

item, etc), you can
use Data - Form. Normally, a row is added to the end of a table, then the

table is sorted
as needed at any time, putting rows where they belong for the immediate

need. Be careful
using Excel's Sort -- select either one cell or the entire table -- never

a column or any
part of the table other than one cell.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply

that's already
top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome.

Thanks for the response Earl, but I am looking for a way to do this with som
visual basic code behind a button

ian