Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ian1

Default Automating data copying between work sheets

Hi all

This is my first post on these forums and I'm sorry if there's an
obvious answer but I've trawled the help searches and the closest I've
come to a solution is the 'paste special' facility mentioned in a

The problem is a spreadsheet set up for petty cash entries. Sheet 1 is
an overall record of expenditure. Each team member has their own
worksheet. What we want to do is to make excel automatically take
data entered for each specific team member, and copy it to their
respective worksheet. The data to be copied is all in the same row.

There is a column on Sheet1 for -'NAME'- which could be used as a
keyword to specify which sheet the data should be copied to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're kinda stuck on this.

Cheers

--
Ian1
Ian1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31599

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Try this response to a similar query:
http://tinyurl.com/exxre
(one way which automates it using non-array formulas)

The sample construct given in the thread is still available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=9963202
Auto-Filter_Data_To_Resp_Sheet_Non_Array_Approach.xls

The key column "Cat" in the sample would be equivalent to your key col:
"Name" where your team member names would be listed down in the column, eg:

Name1
Name2
Name2
Name1
Name3
etc

And the individual sheets would be named to match exactly
the above names listed in the key col: Name1, Name2, Name3, ...

(Just adapt the sample to suit)
--
Max
Singapore
"Ian1" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Karmen

Hello,
I have a similar situation and have diligently tried to use the
suggested formula (when looking at the construct, this is exactly what
I am trying to do)…. however I must be extremely ignorant, or tired –
but I can not seem to get the formula to work for me…:(
Can someone please break down steps 2 and 3 a bit more…. I obliviously
do not understand at least one small portion of the formula and have
substituted the wrong data for my equation.
THANKS!

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30972

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Can you upload a small sample of your book and paste the *link* to it in
response here ? (the link is generated when you upload)

*Some free filehosts:
http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php
http://www.savefile.com/index.php

For cjoint.com (it's in French), just click "Browse" button, navigate to
folder select the file Open, then click the button centred in the page
below (labelled "Creer le lien Cjoint") and it'll generate the link. Then
copy & paste the generated link as part and parcel of your response here.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Karmen" wrote in
message ...

Hello,
I have a similar situation and have diligently tried to use the
suggested formula (when looking at the construct, this is exactly what
I am trying to do)…. however I must be extremely ignorant, or tired –
but I can not seem to get the formula to work for me…:(
Can someone please break down steps 2 and 3 a bit more…. I obliviously
do not understand at least one small portion of the formula and have
substituted the wrong data for my equation.
THANKS!

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512899

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Karmen

Hello Max,
I located your sample file archives page and tried the Auto-Filter Data
To Resp Sheet_Array Approach....which worked wonderfully !!! Thank you
so very much for making that information available!

Just one question, now anytime I change any workbook or a new worksheet
there is a delay ....calculating cells delay.....do you think I am doing
something wrong, or is it just the slow computer at work?

Again, THANKS for the archives page, I have bookmarked it for future
use.
Karmen

Max Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

Karmen
Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30972
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512899

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Karmen

Sorry....I finally realized you can either manual or auto calculate from
the tooloptions section.........

Karmen

Karmen Wrote:
Hello Max,
I located your sample file archives page and tried the Auto-Filter Data
To Resp Sheet_Array Approach....which worked wonderfully !!! Thank you
so very much for making that information available!

Just one question, now anytime I change any workbook or a new worksheet
there is a delay ....calculating cells delay.....do you think I am doing
something wrong, or is it just the slow computer at work?

Again, THANKS for the archives page, I have bookmarked it for future
use.
Karmen

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30972
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512899

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Glad you got it working / sorted it out, Karmen !
My samples archives page (link below) is open 24 x 7 <g, all are welcome