Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to use RTD + Bloomberg/Reuters

I'm working at a brokers office where we have been using DDE links for
many years to pull data from our Bloomberg and Reuters servers. We
have used this method in our Excel spreadsheets like this \
\bloombergserver\blp|M![...].

We have experienced some unstability using those DDE Links. Now it has
come to our attention that Excel now comes with an RTD function to
replace the old DDE links. By the way we have office 2003.

I have found only a few resources on how to setup such RTD
connections. It seems there is require three things: excel 2002+ on
the client, an rtd server and finally an RTD enabled bloomberg/reuters
maschine/server.

Here are the questions:
- Where do I get the bloomberg.rtd server from? And is it in fact
called bloomberg.rtd?
- Is this rtd server to be installed at the bloomberg maschine/server?
- Is the formula for getting the data using RTD like this:
=RTD("bloomberg.rtd";"\\serverName"; "...")?
- Have anyone had some experience using the RTD solution as opposed to
using the older DDE version that they could share?

Thanks in advance