Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TS1 Reuters Links in Excel

Hello again Excel Community -

Sorry for the cross-post, but I have called Reuters and
checked the net extensively, and I can not seem to find
any solid documentation of the Reuters TS1 link protocol.

The TS1 links is an array formula that looks like
{=REUTER|TS1!'/RI=.DJI /PE=D /EN=EARLIEST /EV=260 /FI=-
600,19,12,13,6,32'}. Most of this is pretty clear what it
is, but I am a bit surprised that I can not seem to find
anywhere the complete specification.

These links can be used by Excel to query Reuters for
historical data so they are important.

Any help will be appreciated.

Chris
..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ijb ijb is offline

Reuters TS1 is a little arcane, the best way to think of it is as a funtion
which returns an array.
My memory of ts1 a hazy as I have mainly been working with Bridge lately.
Do you want a full breakdown of the parameters or an understanding of how
the call actually works?

"Chris" wrote in message
Hello again Excel Community -

Sorry for the cross-post, but I have called Reuters and
checked the net extensively, and I can not seem to find
any solid documentation of the Reuters TS1 link protocol.

The TS1 links is an array formula that looks like
{=REUTER|TS1!'/RI=.DJI /PE=D /EN=EARLIEST /EV=260 /FI=-
600,19,12,13,6,32'}. Most of this is pretty clear what it
is, but I am a bit surprised that I can not seem to find
anywhere the complete specification.

These links can be used by Excel to query Reuters for
historical data so they are important.

Any help will be appreciated.

Chris
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was interested in the parameters passed to Reuters. We
have routines which query Reuters which are derived from
the Reuters history wizard. That works, but it would be
nice to know what these parameters mean - at east before
it become totally obsolete.

Thanks.