Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel & Reuters Power Plus Pro

This is more of a Reuters question, but just in case anyone knows...

I have several spreadsheets that use functions provided by the Reuters
addins and this all works very well interactively (i.e. I fire up the sheet
and hit F9 or run a macro).

However, I'd like run this thing as a batch process. So I've written some
VB script to start Excel, load the relevant sheet and run a macro. The macro
does a full recalc and then prints the sheet as a report to a PDF file. This
process works well for sheets that don't rely on the functions in the
Reuters Add in, but those that do fail (lots of #VALUE's).

The #VALUE's indicate that Excel can't find the relevant function (or it's
returning something really bad).

I've managed to get this sort of thing going in the past with the 3.0 verion
of Power Plus Pro using the same procedure...but I must be missing a trick in
the latest one.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Im not knowledgeable, but just a try u may do.

Is VB script different from VBA?

In VBA(Excel) I have seen suggestions in NewsGroups for going to -- Tools -
References - Scroll down and try to see whether Power plus pro is present
and if yes, put a check mark in it.

Somebody please correct me if am wrong.
--
Thanks a lot,
Hari
"Prezent Tenz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I recall add-ins are not loaded automatically when Excel is
started using automation.
You'll have to load the add-ins from your script before opening the
workbook.

Tim.