Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Labelling a persistent object

Hi there

In order to keep an object in memory with a known reference point, I
typically store it in an element of a public array. Thus, the element
number it is stored in becomes a reference point to the object and
using this number I can access that specific object's methods through
other UDFs.

The problem with this though is that it is not particularly neat in
that referencing an object in memory via a number offers no
description to what the object is. I would much rather be able to
attach a (user-defined) label to the object and use that label as a
reference point. However, my problem then becomes how to set a
pointer from that label to the array element the object is stored in.

Does anybody have any ideas that I might try to achieve this labelling
process?

Thanks very much
Lloyd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use it to warn potential responders that they may be wasting their time
duplicating an answer already given.

But since it's so short, it's easier to type.

On the other hand, "if you're new to macros..." is copy|pasted <vbg.

pinkfloydfan wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, late response but actually this was the first response...for
some reason it did not post until much later which is why i reposted
it...not trying to spam

Lloyd

p.s. unfortunately the responses have not helped