Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .xla removal

Some how i have managed to have listed in my Project window a list of .xla
addins.
Eurotool etc.
How do i remove these from starting up or being on my PC?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With Excel closed, locate the add-in by searching for the add-in name or by
searching *.xla. Delete or move the add-in after you find it. Open Excel.
You will receive a message stating that the add-in can not be found and
would you like to remove it. Choose to remove it.

Regards,

Alan

"Coza" wrote in message
Some how i have managed to have listed in my Project window a list of .xla
addins.
Eurotool etc.
How do i remove these from starting up or being on my PC?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is a true add-in, it will be an .xla file. Check in Excel: Tools,
Add-Ins and see what Add-Ins are checkmarked. If any are checkmarked, that
means they are loaded otherwise you would receive an error message, and thus
the associated .xla file must exist on your computer somewhere. Be sure and
search all hidden files and folders. Typically, they are installed, or
stored, in the following folder:

C\Documents and Settings\Alan\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
(Change "Alan" to your Username)

Regards,

Alan

"Coza" wrote in message
Some how i have managed to have listed in my Project window a list of
.xla addins.
Eurotool etc.
How do i remove these from starting up or being on my PC?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do not delete any .xla files without first unchecking them
in Tools | Add-ins.
In fact, unchecking should remove them from the VBE.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Coza" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the reply.
I did a search for .XLA's and found NONE on my PC???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is NO Entries in the Addin Manager at all,
yet when i open Excel and Click ALT+F11 there are some addins listed int eh
Project window as EuroTool.XLA etc.

How can i rid them if i canot find them?

"Coza" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.
I did a search for .XLA's and found NONE on my PC???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are using XL2007 anything is possible - I do not use it.

The add-in Manager is available in the VBE.
That is not what you should be checking.
Instead leave the VBE and go to where you can see a worksheet
and on the Tools menu select add-ins...
Jim Cone

wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.
I did a search for .XLA's and found NONE on my PC???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My earlier post directed you to the appropriate Add-In Manager. If it was
loaded in the VBE as you say, then it does exist as an .xla file on your
computer. Your .xla search, if done correctly, should have found it.

It doesn't matter one way or the other if you move or delete the Add-In
while it is checked or unchecked. Leaving it checked only requires the user
to click one extra error message OK button when Excel opens and tries to
load the Add-In. You then open the Add-In Manager, try and uncheck the
Add-In and you will get another error message from Excel saying the Add-In
does not exist and would you like to remove it from the Add-In Manger list.
Typically, when someone wants to remove an Add-In, they want it to be
removed from the Excel Add-In Manager list also and it can be done whether
checked or not.

Glad you got it worked out.

Regards,

Alan

"Coza" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.
I did a search for .XLA's and found NONE on my PC???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Add-ins displayed in Excel's Tools | Add-ins menu and those in the
Add-in Manager in the VBE are not the same.
Deleting or moving an .xla will usually leave inoperative menu items in place
if the add-in is not unchecked first.
You had better be damn sure before you tell someone to delete a file.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA