Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Query

Hi,
I have a file set to open once per day using Windows scheduled tasks. It
contains a web query to a web page which constantly changes and I need to
record these changes in columns each day.
The idea is for the file to open, then using the Workbook Open event to use
code to perform various things, then save and close the file without me
having to touch it, the reason being that I need to record all changes on a
daily basis and if a day is missed for some reason the daily changes are
lost for good.
The web page is on one worksheet and my results are on another. This is
because I'm using various Text formulas to extract actual numbers from text
strings and then paste special values to put them in the correct column for
the day.
The problem I have is that regardless of whether I set the web query to
update on open, or I incorporate the updating within the code, the code that
does the calculations and the pasting executes and ends before the web
update is completed, so although the web worksheet updates, my result sheet
does not.
Is there any way to get the code to wait until the update is complete before
running?
Regards,
Alan.
PS This question started off in .excel but I thought this was the more
appropriate group to ask this, any advice much appreciated.