Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default upgraded from 200 to 2007- modify macro menus

Hello all.
We just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2007 today, and while I backed up all
of my macros, (and they're still in their original locations that can readily
be accessed,) I'm not able to access them as I did before-- with one click
menu buttons.
My problem thus far is as follows:
1- I see where I can customize the new ribbon menu. I see where I can paste
the icons/macros to the ribbon toolbar. I cannot however identify where I can
change the icons to a name for my macro-- so that I actually remember what it
was it's suppose to be doing.
2- I'd come here a while back and a couple of guys gave me some code to make
a custom drop down menu. I've been able to activate that macro/menu, but now
I am not able to insert more macros on that custom menu/toolbar.
3- Perhaps belonging to item two-- I've noticed that there is a "toolbar
commands" under the customize quick-access toolbar. Under the customize
option at the left, and then pull down the "choose commands from" to "all
commands." Scroll down to the end of the T's, and you'll see it just above
"tools."
While this appears to be a "custom" toolbar that I could add in my macros of
choice for easy access, I see no means by which I can accomplish that.
a- the modify button is greyed out, and not accessible.
b- I'm not able to right click to make any changes as we did in older
versions.
So......
my questions are......
How do we make these changes in 2007?
1- I need to change from the image icons to names.
2 & 3, I need to have a series of custom drop down menus that I can place
all of my macros in, with names, for easy access.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best to all!