Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell Format Problem

Cell A1 includes the following text:

16365 HR ADMIN
25005 UNGRADED-Intern - HS

There is a period between the two strings, but it is all in one cell.

How can I eliminate the period and display the text as such?

16365 HR ADMIN 25005 UNGRADED-Intern - HS

I am trying to use the Text to Columns feature and if the data includes the
period, it doesn't work.

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there are no periods that you need...
Highlight the cell/column, Ctrl-H, Find "." and replace with (leave this
blank).
Now you can use Text to Columns Feature
--
Mike Q.

"Filo" wrote:

Cell A1 includes the following text:

16365 HR ADMIN
25005 UNGRADED-Intern - HS

There is a period between the two strings, but it is all in one cell.

How can I eliminate the period and display the text as such?

16365 HR ADMIN 25005 UNGRADED-Intern - HS

I am trying to use the Text to Columns feature and if the data includes the
period, it doesn't work.

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Filo -

From your description, it sounds like this is the actual value in the cell(s):
16365 HR ADMIN.25005 UNGRADED-Intern - HS

If so, you could select the cell(s) and choose |Edit|Replace... from the
menu bar:
Set [Find what:] to "." (period).
Set [Replace with:] to SPACE.

--