Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Murat Gordeslioglu

Default format cell problem

Is there possible way to show value of 0.012 as 1.20 ?
If this is percentage answer will be very simple . Selection of custom
category 0.00% would handle this , but what if I have 0.012 $ and want to see
1.20 cent in the cell without making any calculation ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If the cell is formatted for currency, and you want to keep it that way, and
you do not wish to do any caluclations, then you cannot change the appearance
of the value in the cell.

If you wis to use a formula in a helper cell, this will do it, but the
format is no longer currency, it's TEXT.......

=A1*100&" cents"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Murat Gordeslioglu" wrote:

Is there possible way to show value of 0.012 as 1.20 ?
If this is percentage answer will be very simple . Selection of custom
category 0.00% would handle this , but what if I have 0.012 $ and want to see
1.20 cent in the cell without making any calculation ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Murat Gordeslioglu

thanks for reply but there must be a way ,
for example when I have data like 1,600 , using format cell category #,#,
results in 1.6 as apperance of cell .