Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default converting word to excel or access

I have a list of names my predessor compiled for an address list. He
would print it out and cut it up and make it into mailing labels. A
horrible way to do addresses. His list is just a list in word, with no
formatting. I would very much prefer to have it in a data base form or
in excel so that I could format for avery style labels.

Does anyone know how to put a straight word document into excel or
access (or any other data base) so that I could do that? That is,
other than cutting and pasting three hundred addresses and names one
by one...
Thanks
Stan Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 30, 11:57 am, wrote:
I have a list of names my predessor compiled for an address list. He
would print it out and cut it up and make it into mailing labels. A
horrible way to do addresses. His list is just a list in word, with no
formatting. I would very much prefer to have it in a data base form or
in excel so that I could format for avery style labels.

Does anyone know how to put a straight word document into excel or
access (or any other data base) so that I could do that? That is,
other than cutting and pasting three hundred addresses and names one
by one...
Thanks
Stan Duncan

It really depends on the formatting of the Word doc how it'll show up
in Excel. Is the name / address just like it is or would be on an
envelope, for example:
Name
Address1
Address2
City, St, Zip

Or is it all on one line with commas?
name, address1, address2, City St Zip

Either way, testing is a good start, just open his file, hit Ctrl+A to
select everything, and copy it. Then go to Excel and select paste.
See what happens...
It may be that you can manipulate the addresses easier in Excel than
Word anyway.