Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default summing up values in a column based on values in 3 other columns

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a big table and I want to add up let's
say values in column D, whenever Column A, B, C have a specific value (e.g.
A=US, B=CA, C=SF). (Actually I need summed up values for all combinations of
A, B, C)

I have a solution working with loops, but this takes a lot of time,. Does
anybody know a quicker solution (e.g. using some kind of find for 3 values or
something else ...)

Kind regards, AXEL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Have you considered creating a combined key using ABC then sorting this list
and then totalising D ?

"Axel" wrote:

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a big table and I want to add up let's
say values in column D, whenever Column A, B, C have a specific value (e.g.
A=US, B=CA, C=SF). (Actually I need summed up values for all combinations of
A, B, C)

I have a solution working with loops, but this takes a lot of time,. Does
anybody know a quicker solution (e.g. using some kind of find for 3 values or
something else ...)

Kind regards, AXEL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default summing up values in a column based on values in 3 other colum

Thanks a lot for that suggestion. Pivot tables might not fit so good here as
far (and sorry for not mentioning this earlier) in my case I have to read the
data not only from one sheet/table, but from 6-7 different.

Axel wrote:

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a big table and I want to add up let's
say values in column D, whenever Column A, B, C have a specific value (e.g.
A=US, B=CA, C=SF). (Actually I need summed up values for all combinations of
A, B, C)

I have a solution working with loops, but this takes a lot of time,. Does
anybody know a quicker solution (e.g. using some kind of find for 3 values or
something else ...)

Kind regards, AXEL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Combined keys might be an option to reduce time for the macro. I will try it.
Anyway, I can#t really change the original data sheets, so I either have to
work with copies or undo every modification after ... Thanks a lot for this
suggestion!