Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
axel axel is offline

Default summing up values in a column based on values in 3 other colum

Thanks a lot for that suggestion. Pivot tables might not fit so good here as
far (and sorry for not mentioning this earlier) in my case I have to read the
data not only from one sheet/table, but from 6-7 different.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Since you need to have all combos, I'd suggest a Pivot Table:

In article ,
Axel wrote:

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a big table and I want to add up let's
say values in column D, whenever Column A, B, C have a specific value (e.g.
A=US, B=CA, C=SF). (Actually I need summed up values for all combinations of
A, B, C)

I have a solution working with loops, but this takes a lot of time,. Does
anybody know a quicker solution (e.g. using some kind of find for 3 values or
something else ...)

Kind regards, AXEL