Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ayo Ayo is offline

Default Object library Invalid

Does anyone know what this message is?
"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that
could not be found"

I was trying to run a macro that I have just finished writing and now I
can't run it anymore because I keep getting this message. And when I click on
the help button, it is blank. So I can't fix the problem and I don't know
what the problem is.
If anyone out there know what is going on, please help.

Thank you.
Ayo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I googled the error message and found this link:

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28423

The last post in the thread seem to be the right answer. Here's an exerpt:

In the end, today I just figured what I'd done to cause this:

The name I had given for a button on the excell sheet was identical to the
name I had carelessly given to the sub that gets called when you press that
button.

In other words, in the sub "RemoveClient_Click()" I called a sub named
RemoveClient.... so there was a sub and a button with identical names.

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Ayo" wrote:

Does anyone know what this message is?
"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that
could not be found"

I was trying to run a macro that I have just finished writing and now I
can't run it anymore because I keep getting this message. And when I click on
the help button, it is blank. So I can't fix the problem and I don't know
what the problem is.
If anyone out there know what is going on, please help.

Thank you.
Ayo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Although I have never had this error, from what I have read it is something
to do with the cached interface definition getting out sync with that in the
current code.
You could try Rob's Code Cleaner:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...er-version-50/

It may be worth closing all apps and cleaning out your Temp folder also.

NickHK

"Ayo" wrote in message
Does anyone know what this message is?
"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that
could not be found"

I was trying to run a macro that I have just finished writing and now I
can't run it anymore because I keep getting this message. And when I click

on
the help button, it is blank. So I can't fix the problem and I don't know
what the problem is.
If anyone out there know what is going on, please help.

Thank you.
Ayo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ayo Ayo is offline

Thanks guys,
I think I found the problem. I was using this line of code:
"Private Sub cmdGenReport()" instead of this:
"Private Sub cmdGenReport_Click()", for a button on one of my worksheet.
Thanks again for all your help.

"Ayo" wrote in message
Does anyone know what this message is?
"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that
could not be found"

I was trying to run a macro that I have just finished writing and now I
can't run it anymore because I keep getting this message. And when I click

on
the help button, it is blank. So I can't fix the problem and I don't know
what the problem is.
If anyone out there know what is going on, please help.

Thank you.
Ayo

Object library Invalid JLGWhiz Excel Programming 0 March 27th 07 11:45 PM
Old Format or Invalid Type Library David Excel Programming 2 November 1st 05 11:39 AM
MS Object library Thor Excel Programming 2 November 5th 04 11:46 PM
HELP:old format or invalid type library Iliopoulos Dimitris Excel Programming 0 June 2nd 04 06:01 PM
object library invalid succhu Excel Programming 0 March 2nd 04 05:21 PM