Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Border round questions

I have 3 questions whereby if they answer yes they are asked extra questions.
It is set up like this

1. Do you store any potentially sensitive information(e.g customer details,
account balance information or any memorable data relating to any customers)
on a portable device? Yes
1b. If yes, what sort of information is held? Credit Card information
1c. If yes, please state whether the information is held on a PDA or
laptop Laptop

2. Do you have any commercial need to store information on your C-drive? Yes
If yes, please state what the commercial need is Sales Rep.

3. Have you ever known of an incident in your area where a portable device
has been lost or stolen? Yes
3a. If yes, was there any information held on the C-drive at the time? Yes
3b. If yes, what information was held on the C-drive? Nude photo's of the
bosses wife
3c.If yes, could this information have been detrimental to Business
Operations or Customers if it fell into the wrong hands? Yes

There is a space of 1 row in between 1, 2 and 3 and a,b or c parts will not
always be there.

What I want it to do is put borders round each question to make it blatanlty
obvious they are seperate questions obviously the border will vary dependant
on how many of the sub questions were required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I may be being a little slow - I've got the initial bit you sent me
okay and its all working brilliantly but I just want to stick borders round
each seperate question once its all be entered.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Check your posting on 3/19/07

"Pasty" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you post the code you are working with, it will provide the responder with
information to develop a solution for you.

"Pasty" wrote:

Sorry I may be being a little slow - I've got the initial bit you sent me
okay and its all working brilliantly but I just want to stick borders round
each seperate question once its all be entered.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Check your posting on 3/19/07

"Pasty" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an update to the original code. This puts a border around the
initial question then the answer appears below in a different color. Hope
this is more what you needed. If not, post the code with any future request
for assistance so others can see what you are working with.

Sub Questionaire()
Dim Msg1, Msg2, Msg3, Msg4
Msg1 = "DO YOU STORE SENSITIVE CUSTOMER INFORMATION ON A PORTABLE DEVICE?"
& Chr(13) & "a. Customer Details" & Chr(13) & "b. Account balances" & Chr(13)
& "c. Memorable data relating to any cusomers"
Msg2 = "DO YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL NEED TO STORE SENSITIVE INFORMATION ON YOUR
WORKSTATION HARD DRIVE?"
Msg3 = "TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE, HAS THERE BEEN ANY INCIDENT OF A PORTABLE DEVICE
BEING LOST OR STOLEN IN YOUR WORK AREA?"
Msg4 = "TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE, WAS THERE ANY DATA ON THE HARD DRIVE THAT WOULD
BE DETRIMENTAL TO BUSINESS OPERATIONS OR CUSTOMERS?"
storeSI = MsgBox(Msg1, vbYesNo + vbQuestion)
If storeSI = vbYes Then
Range("A2") = "Yes"
Range("A2").Font.ColorIndex = 5
Range("A1") = Msg1
Columns("A").AutoFit
Range("A1").BorderAround ColorIndex:=xlAutomatic, Weight:=xlThick
portDev = InputBox("ENTER THE TYPE OF PORTABLE DEVICE, WHETHER LAPTOP,
PDA ETC.", "TYPE DEVICE")
Range("A3") = portDev
Range("A3").Font.ColorIndex = 5
ElseIf storeSI = vbNo Then
Range("A2") = "No"
Range("A2").Font.ColorIndex = 5
End If
storeCdrv = MsgBox(Msg2, vbYesNo + vbQuestion)
If storeCdrv = vbYes Then
Range("A5") = Msg2
Range("A5").BorderAround ColorIndex:=xlAutomatic, Weight:=xlThick
Range("A6") = "Yes"
Range("A6").Font.ColorIndex = 5
HrdDrv = InputBox("ENTER A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE NEED TO STORE THE
DATA.i.e. HIGH SALES VOLUME, DAILY QUERIES, ETC.", "REASON TO STORE")
Range("a7") = HrdDrv
Range("a7").Font.ColorIndex = 5
ElseIf storeCdrv = vbNo Then
Range("A6") = "No"
Range("A6").Font.ColorIndex = 5
End If
portThft = MsgBox(Msg3, vbYesNo + vbQuestion)
If portThft = vbYes Then
Range("A9") = Msg3
Range("A9").BorderAround ColorIndex:=xlAutomatic, Weight:=xlThick
Range("a10") = "Yes"
Range("A10").Font.ColorIndex = 5
Response = MsgBox(Msg4, vbYesNo + vbQuestion)
If Response = vbYes Then
Range("A12") = Msg4
Range("a13") = "Yes"
Range("A13").Font.ColorIndex = 5
Else
Range("A12") = Msg4
Range("A12").BorderAround ColorIndex:=xlAutomatic, Weight:=xlThick
Range("a13") = "No"
Range("A13").Font.ColorIndex = 5
End If
ElseIf portThft = vbNo Then
Range("a10") = "No"
Range("A10").Font.ColorIndex = 5

"Pasty" wrote:

Sorry I may be being a little slow - I've got the initial bit you sent me
okay and its all working brilliantly but I just want to stick borders round
each seperate question once its all be entered.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Check your posting on 3/19/07