Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel crashes when opening file

I have a vital file which has begun to cause Excel to crash when I attempt to
open it. I made a change to a links source before this so I suspect this is
a cause of the problem. Is there a way to word the "Workbooks.Open..." cose
to open in "safe" mode?
--
Best wishes,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Tom. That didn't work either. I finally copied the file and pasted,
changing "xls" to "csv", opened it and saved as "xls".

All this happened in concert with some Server problems I was having and the
resolution of tnose so it is possible the two were related.

--
Best wishes,

Jim

"Jim Jackson" wrote:

I have a vital file which has begun to cause Excel to crash when I attempt to
open it. I made a change to a links source before this so I suspect this is
a cause of the problem. Is there a way to word the "Workbooks.Open..." cose
to open in "safe" mode?
--
Best wishes,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

True, but the easiest part is the re-establishment of links after recovering
the file and vital data. :) Now if I could just get my home ISP to be more
dependable. :(
--
Best wishes,

Jim