Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ct2147

Default Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros

Help!
This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that
whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report
Error." Weird thing
about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this
file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It
happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also.
Details:
OS: Winxp
Office 2003 SP2
Files are saved in local drive
Files are around 12MB size (varies)
Files have Macros imbedded
Files have links
While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking for Enabling or
diabling macros, then crash (excel repair the error though, but all macros
and most formulas are gone, the log file is attach )

I have patched Office (SP2), and tried to use Excel safemode and other
methods mentioned in Delbert's thread, but excel still crashes, I doubt
wheather it is due to in this very workbook, there are several worksheets
containing a large amount of data, while in others, several macros. Will it
work if I seperate data and macros into two seperate workbooks?

Any solutions? Or those who have encountered this problem? Thank you!!

Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log is shown as follows:
Errors were detected in file
'C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$DI00.687\GSIM 4x42005_1230.XLS'
The following is a list of repairs:
Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel
attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been
lost or corrupted.