Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Resource to begin programming

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary''s Student
gsnu200710

"Alan" wrote:

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary''s Student's answer is excellent. Start there.
After that, IMHO, John Walkenbach is the best for beginners. Check out his
site at...
http://j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm
His "Power Programming With VBA" series such as 'Excel 2003 Power
Programming With VBA' are exceptional.

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"Alan" wrote:

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

also, right here is good for learning.
susan

"Alan" wrote:
I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well it'd depend on your designing or presenting skills which should
always come first.
So I'd say visit related web sites to download their sample xl files
first to push your own engine.
Some key words to search for such xl files to begin with:
Contextures.com
xl.logic.com
ozgrid.com
codenet
lacher.com
bygsoftware

Where to begin??? PointerMan Excel Worksheet Functions 8 January 2nd 09 09:12 PM
How do I begin value with the number zero? sportsandspeed Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 November 13th 08 01:27 AM
I dont know where to begin :( Meader Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 May 30th 07 09:50 PM
ADO Resource ca1358 Excel Programming 4 March 1st 06 12:58 AM
Resource for Programming ... Mid Excel Programming 0 February 18th 06 07:43 AM