-   -   Resource to begin programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/385173-resource-begin-programming.html)

Alan

Resource to begin programming

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?

Gary''s Student

Resource to begin programming

Gary''s Student
gsnu200710

"Alan" wrote:

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?

Gary Brown

Resource to begin programming

Gary''s Student's answer is excellent. Start there.
After that, IMHO, John Walkenbach is the best for beginners. Check out his
site at...
http://j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm
His "Power Programming With VBA" series such as 'Excel 2003 Power
Programming With VBA' are exceptional.

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"Alan" wrote:

I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?

Susan

Resource to begin programming

also, right here is good for learning.
susan

"Alan" wrote:
I have no programming experience whatsoever but I'd like to begin writing
macros. Is there a recomended online resource that could take me through the
basics?- Hide quoted text -

[email protected]

Resource to begin programming

Well it'd depend on your designing or presenting skills which should
always come first.
So I'd say visit related web sites to download their sample xl files
first to push your own engine.
Some key words to search for such xl files to begin with:
Contextures.com
xl.logic.com
ozgrid.com
codenet