Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code exucution stopping spontaneously

I have a number of spreadsheets with code.

This week two of them on different PCs have begun spontaneosuly breaking
during execution, with a message

"Code execution has been halted".

With options to debug, end or continue.

They generally break in the same place, and I cannot find a way to make them
run properly. (One one a 'paste special' line, the other on a 'wend')

They used to run OK , and still do on other machines. (The sheet has been
copied from a common location on to local machines.)

I have tried removing all break points (even though there aren't any in there)
I have added a break at the rogue position and then removed it again.
I have put in an extra line of code, compiled, taken the line out and
compiled again, but still the VBA routine breaks.

On the 'rogue' machine I have copied the sheet down again and STILL get the
problem.
Excel version is 2002 at SP3, OPerating system is XP at SP2 - plus I beleive
all the latest critical patches.

Anyone else had this, or any suggestion on how to fix? -- It has only
happened so far with Excel VBA -- All the Access one are still running 'break
free'.

Thanks

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are running on a networl, did you ever ask what other services/spy/
antivirus are running oin the background, make all
our pc running slower and slower over the months ?
Regards
JY

"DavidAtCaspian" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought I had this solved. By exporting all the modules to text files and
then deleting them all and then re-importing them all, as recommended by
Microsoft, all was well on Friday.

Today, Monday, not only is that solution no longer working, but I now have
three machines which spontaneously break in the middle of code.

Not always in the same place, and continue to break regardless of what I try.

I have done a complete virus and spyware scan, without any noticeable effect.

Surely someone must have an idea what has gone wrong in the past two weeks?

On some machines the spreadsheet is read form a network, on others it is
local.

What has happened in the past two weeks to stop Excel 2002 VBA code runiing
properly?

Any thoughts?????

"Jean-Yves" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From old news
Regards
JY
Hi Jeff,
If you click on the gray area to the left of line (about as wide as the
vertical scroll bar) a big dot will appear. When you run the
macro it will stop at that point. The ghost might refer to an old one
that you
forgot or accidentally created and has come back to haunt you. hooooooooh!

VBE Debug menu, Clear all Breakpoints (Ctrl+Shift+F9)

HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jean-Yves" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another from Jim Rech
Do you have any UDFs in your workbook? I've seen problems like this with
UDFs. If so, make sure the workbook does not calc when the macros are
running - make calc mode manual and do not use the Calculate method.

--
Jim

"Jean-Yves" wrote:

[...]

stopping code Jase Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 6th 08 05:42 PM
VBA code stopping in odd places JDub Setting up and Configuration of Excel 2 October 10th 06 08:04 AM
Stopping Code Nigel Excel Programming 2 January 20th 06 04:39 PM
stopping code from looping tjb Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 7th 05 02:02 AM
Stopping Code from Running whilst in Loop... Chris Gorham Excel Programming 2 November 21st 05 07:27 AM