Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code exucution stopping spontaneously

I have a number of spreadsheets with code.

This week two of them on different PCs have begun spontaneosuly breaking
during execution, with a message

"Code execution has been halted".

With options to debug, end or continue.

They generally break in the same place, and I cannot find a way to make them
run properly. (One one a 'paste special' line, the other on a 'wend')

They used to run OK , and still do on other machines. (The sheet has been
copied from a common location on to local machines.)

I have tried removing all break points (even though there aren't any in there)
I have added a break at the rogue position and then removed it again.
I have put in an extra line of code, compiled, taken the line out and
compiled again, but still the VBA routine breaks.

On the 'rogue' machine I have copied the sheet down again and STILL get the
problem.
Excel version is 2002 at SP3, OPerating system is XP at SP2 - plus I beleive
all the latest critical patches.

Anyone else had this, or any suggestion on how to fix? -- It has only
happened so far with Excel VBA -- All the Access one are still running 'break
free'.

Thanks

David

stopping code Jase Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 6th 08 05:42 PM
VBA code stopping in odd places JDub Setting up and Configuration of Excel 2 October 10th 06 08:04 AM
Stopping Code Nigel Excel Programming 2 January 20th 06 04:39 PM
stopping code from looping tjb Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 7th 05 02:02 AM
Stopping Code from Running whilst in Loop... Chris Gorham Excel Programming 2 November 21st 05 07:27 AM