Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PLEASE HELP ~ want to have users enter date only once --

On my userform, I would like to have my staff have to enter the date only
once then all the entries they make for that day's activities via that
userform populate to the specified worksheet under that date. I created this
application based on the sample in Article 161514 How to Use a UserForm for
Entering Data. It works fine. Once they enter data in fields and click on
command button, Add Record, it asks if they want to enter another record and
upon 'yes', then focus is set back to TextBox1. But I would like for the
date to only have to be entered once for the data they're entering for
specific day (which may not always be TODAY).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jennifer Lee
IS Coordinator/App Support
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the article they show this function
Sub Show_UserForm()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

anything on the form can be initialized before the show statement

You can initialize textbox1 in the article by entering

Userform1.textbox1 = "Initialization of Text Box 1"

"JennLee" wrote:

On my userform, I would like to have my staff have to enter the date only
once then all the entries they make for that day's activities via that
userform populate to the specified worksheet under that date. I created this
application based on the sample in Article 161514 How to Use a UserForm for
Entering Data. It works fine. Once they enter data in fields and click on
command button, Add Record, it asks if they want to enter another record and
upon 'yes', then focus is set back to TextBox1. But I would like for the
date to only have to be entered once for the data they're entering for
specific day (which may not always be TODAY).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jennifer Lee
IS Coordinator/App Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I looked at the article. the routing below need to be modified. You can
initialize anything on your form before the Show statement is executerd such
as Textboxes, buttons, checkboxes.

Sub Show_UserForm()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Initialize Textbox1

Sub Show_UserForm()
UserForm1.Textbox1.Text = "Initialize Textbox one"
UserForm1.Show
End Sub