Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Go to cell based on formula result

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You were soooo close
Range("F1").Offset(,Range("D8").Select
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Range("F1").Offset(0, Range("D8").Value).Select

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You were soooo close, too <vbg

Range("F1").Offset(,Range("D8").value).Select

(to the OP. I like the 0 in .offset(), but it's not necessary.)