-   -   Go to cell based on formula result (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384776-go-cell-based-formula-result.html)

Jim Tibbetts

Go to cell based on formula result

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Charles Chickering

Go to cell based on formula result

You were soooo close
Range("F1").Offset(,Range("D8").Select
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Jim Thomlinson

Go to cell based on formula result

Range("F1").Offset(0, Range("D8").Value).Select

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Jim Thomlinson

Go to cell based on formula result

I think you are missing a Bracket... You are soooo close <bg

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Dave Peterson

Go to cell based on formula result

Try:

Jim Tibbetts wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Go to cell based on formula result

You were soooo close, too <vbg

Range("F1").Offset(,Range("D8").value).Select

(to the OP. I like the 0 in .offset(), but it's not necessary.)

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Tibbetts

Go to cell based on formula result

Thanks for the quick reply. No seegar this time, eh? Trouble is, it didn't
work. However, Jim's reply did. Thanks to you both for keeping me sane.
--
Jim T

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Charles Chickering

Go to cell based on formula result

Doh! Hazards of trying to type with 2 kids on yer lap I guess. tx
--

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:

Hi All - I have been playing with this and can't get it to work. I want to
move the cursor to the right based on the result of a formula in D8. Can
anybody steer me in the right direction?

Range("F1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset("0, " & Range("D8").Value).Select

Thanks
--
Jim T

Jim Tibbetts

Go to cell based on formula result

Thanks for the quick response, Jim. Your code worked perfectly. I knew I was
close, but I sometimes have trouble with concatenation.
--
Jim T