Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find item in list, return a value

Sounds simple but I'm having trouble!

I have two columns in a worksheet, cell A1 has the value APPROVED, cell B2
has the value NOT-APPROVED. Under these headings are lists of websites.

On another worksheet, I have a total list of all websites visited over a
period and the number of times that site has been visited. I want to add
another column that looks at the first worksheet, finds the site name and
returns APPROVED or NOT-APPROVED according to what column it is in.

How do I do that? It's all part of a bigger macro that I've got running but
am happy with either a formula or code hint.

Many thanks for your suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"APPROVED",IF (ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!B:B,0)),"NOT
APPROVED",""))

and copy down.

--
---