Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I return a value by clicking an associated list box item

I have a list of items that have an associated cost. I'd like to clck on an
item and have its associated cost show up in a cell as part of a continuous
calculation.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use Data Validation to create a drop-down for entering the item and a
lookup table and VLOOKUP formula to return the Cost in an adjacent cell.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more info on these two.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP