Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian

Default How do I make the true return a drop down list in the IF function?

=IF(B10="TWILL SHIRT",M2,0)

B10 IS A DROP DOWN LIST. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE TRUE RETURN BE DIFFERENT
DROP DOWN LISTS CORRESPONDING TO EACH ITEM IN B10.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Please don't use ALL caps - it's like shouting

Use

=vlookup(B10, D1:E15,2,false)

where D1:E15 is a table of dropdown items (left column) and Twill Shirt &
other results (right column)

"Brian" wrote:

=IF(B10="TWILL SHIRT",M2,0)

B10 IS A DROP DOWN LIST. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE TRUE RETURN BE DIFFERENT
DROP DOWN LISTS CORRESPONDING TO EACH ITEM IN B10.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian

Default How do I make the true return a drop down list in the IF funct

Sorry about the caps...

What I'm looking for is ...there is a drop down list in B10.
I want to get another drop down list in C10, a different drop down list for
each different item when selected in B10.

ie: if you choose Twill Shirt in B10, then drop down list of Twill Shirt
colors appears in C10, if you choose Polo Shirt in B10, then drop down list
of Polo Shirt colors appears in C10, etc.

"Brian" wrote:

=IF(B10="TWILL SHIRT",M2,0)

B10 IS A DROP DOWN LIST. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE TRUE RETURN BE DIFFERENT
DROP DOWN LISTS CORRESPONDING TO EACH ITEM IN B10.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Debra Dalgliesh has a detailed explanation for doing just that at her site

Debra Dalgliesh's Data Validation basics

Dependent dropdowns...

"Brian" wrote:

=IF(B10="TWILL SHIRT",M2,0)

B10 IS A DROP DOWN LIST. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE TRUE RETURN BE DIFFERENT
DROP DOWN LISTS CORRESPONDING TO EACH ITEM IN B10.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Brian

Follow Debra's instructions for creating "dependent lists"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP