Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to move a graph when I scroll down?

HI,
I have a list of countries combined with year. I have a graph which I want
to see when when put 1 next to the name of the country/year. However, when
the name of the country/year is not in the first page, I have to return back
to first page to see the graph. Is there a way that when I scroll down, the
graph comes along.
And also, is there a easy way that just activating the country/year will
show in the graph.
thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
If you rearrange your page a bit can you put the graph at the top and
below it put in a Freeze Panes (select a cell and do Windows, freeze
Panes - everything above and left will always be visible as you
scroll). Will that do?
regards
Paul

On Mar 6, 11:22 am, Samirkc wrote:
HI,
I have a list of countries combined with year. I have a graph which I want
to see when when put 1 next to the name of the country/year. However, when
the name of the country/year is not in the first page, I have to return back
to first page to see the graph. Is there a way that when I scroll down, the
graph comes along.
And also, is there a easy way that just activating the country/year will
show in the graph.
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Paul,
It is a clever idea, however, I still want to know whether there are other
tricks available. Lets wait.
samir

"Samirkc" wrote:

HI,
I have a list of countries combined with year. I have a graph which I want
to see when when put 1 next to the name of the country/year. However, when
the name of the country/year is not in the first page, I have to return back
to first page to see the graph. Is there a way that when I scroll down, the
graph comes along.
And also, is there a easy way that just activating the country/year will
show in the graph.
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's another approach, which I guarantee will look good at first, then
drive you crazy.

With your workbook open, go to the Window menu and choose New Window. Now
you have two windows showing the same sheet. Go to the Window menu Arrange
and choose Vertical so the two windows are side by side. Scroll the left
hand window to display the table and scroll the right hand window to display
the chart.

I never thought I'd recommend this technique.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions