Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default getting the filter items

Hi all
I'm uploading excel to access and i would like to get the filter items
of one of the columns,is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Try this, but change "A1" to the address of the header cell in your column of
interest:

Range(Range("A1").offset(1,0),
Range("A1").End(xlDown)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVi sible).Select

--
Jay

"thread" wrote:

Hi all
I'm uploading excel to access and i would like to get the filter items
of one of the columns,is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jay
I see that its just choosing the column but how can i get all the
items for the header?

Jay כתב:

"thread" wrote:

Hi all
I'm uploading excel to access and i would like to get the filter items
of one of the columns,is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Thread -

I just need to clarify so I can focus on the answer. I'll be unavailable
after posting this message, but will check back in about 3-4 hours.

Is this correct? You have an autofilter and one (or more) of the fields is
set to a specific criterion (resulting in hidden rows in your list).

Is this correct? You want to know what criteria are set for each column in
the fltered list.

--
Jay

"thread" wrote:

Hi all
I'm uploading excel to access and i would like to get the filter items
of one of the columns,is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jay,
in a way yes,i want to use the filter criteria as a criteria to
access,
the other option that i have is to loop all the data in the column of
the excel file in order to spot all criteria
this is the solution i found so far,
if you have better solution for me it might faster the loop

Jay כתב:

"thread" wrote:

Hi all
I'm uploading excel to access and i would like to get the filter items
of one of the columns,is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Thread -

Search Excel's VBA online help for the phrase "Filters Collection Object"
and go to that topic. There youll find ready-made VB code that collects all
of the criteria from an autofilter.

Good luck,
Jay