Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extract filter items from Drop-Down Automatic Filter

Hi.
I would like to ask if it is possible to extract individual items from
Drop-Down Automatic filter and how (I am total begginer). I have a very
long list (+50.000) of values in column and I would like to get
nonredundant subset. I wrote a Sub() that compares every item in the
column against all the other and deletes those that are the same. But
the program is running for ages (2 days :-() Then it dawned on me that
the non-redundant list is showed in those Filter Drop-Downs. But I have
no clue how to copy it from there.

I would be really greatful for any help.

--
karpatov
karpatov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31946

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use data|filter|advanced filter and check that unique records only.

Debra Dalgleish has some instructions with pictures:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

karpatov wrote:

Hi.
I would like to ask if it is possible to extract individual items from
Drop-Down Automatic filter and how (I am total begginer). I have a very
long list (+50.000) of values in column and I would like to get
nonredundant subset. I wrote a Sub() that compares every item in the
column against all the other and deletes those that are the same. But
the program is running for ages (2 days :-() Then it dawned on me that
the non-redundant list is showed in those Filter Drop-Downs. But I have
no clue how to copy it from there.

I would be really greatful for any help.

--
karpatov
karpatov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31946
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516672