Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need to update price increases on multiple sheets

I have an excel file with multiple tabs for each category of my price book. I
need to set this up with an easy way to be able to globally update all these
prices with a percentage increase without going to each page.
The structure of the first page is a contents page and the rest are the same
structure. The first column of numbers is the actual price, the second column
is the price marked up a certain percentage and a third column marked up
another percentage.
Is there a formula that will quick update all tabs, not changing the first
column of prices, but updating the second column by one percentage and the
third column by a different percentage

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I may be missing something here - it's happened before - but why not
just use cell formulas? That is, have a cell on your main worksheet
with the percentage increase you want use everywhere, then use cell
formulas on the other sheets which increase the prices on that
particular sheet based on the value in this cell? (Or two cells, if
you have two sets of percentages you're dealing with).

/ Tyla /

On Mar 1, 7:41 am, Diane wrote:
I have an excel file with multiple tabs for each category of my price book. I
need to set this up with an easy way to be able to globally update all these
prices with a percentage increase without going to each page.
The structure of the first page is a contents page and the rest are the same
structure. The first column of numbers is the actual price, the second column
is the price marked up a certain percentage and a third column marked up
another percentage.
Is there a formula that will quick update all tabs, not changing the first
column of prices, but updating the second column by one percentage and the
third column by a different percentage

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Column 1 just shows the price for a part, column 2 shows "=C8/$D$3 with D#
having a value of 0.7 for the markup, column 3 shows "=C8/$E$3 the value in
E3 is 0.6 I know this will markup the whole page by changing the value at
the top. Each sheet is the same, no totals. Can all sheets be done from some
formula on the main page without putting a formula in each page?

"Diane" wrote in message
I have an excel file with multiple tabs for each category of my price book.
need to set this up with an easy way to be able to globally update all
these
prices with a percentage increase without going to each page.
The structure of the first page is a contents page and the rest are the
same
structure. The first column of numbers is the actual price, the second
column
is the price marked up a certain percentage and a third column marked up
another percentage.
Is there a formula that will quick update all tabs, not changing the first
column of prices, but updating the second column by one percentage and the
third column by a different percentage

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ignore the past post (obviously!)

There are a couple ways you could go here. You could do a one-time
macro to change all the formulas, but if you're uncomfortable with
macros. try this:
- Create (or simple decide) on a master worksheet which will store the
two %s you want to use throughout the other worksheets.
- Highlight all the worksheets which have the prices you want to
update based on these precentages.
- Go to cell D3 (and later E3) and change (or assert) the formula
there to point to the chosen cell on the master worksheet. Then hit
"Enter"

What you should end up with is a formula on each of the highlighted
sheets which looks something like "=Sheet1!A1" Given that each of the
worksheets has formulas which already reference D3 (or E3), the end
result should be you'll only have to change the % in the 'master'
worksheet and it will propogate through all the other worksheets.

/ Tyla /