Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rogue name

Hi all,

Has anyone come across this before?

One of my programs copy pages between a template workbook into a live
workbook and I get the message that:
"a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name
'wrn.amanda._.version.' which already exists on the destination worksheet."

I cannot find this name anywhere to remove it, it doesn't appear to do
anything either.

Baffling and irritating! Can anyone help?

Cheers

Giz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the idea Tom, but no go.

Still not visible anywhere.

Giz

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Names may be hidden. You could run code like this

Sub shownames()
Dim nm as Name
for each nm in Activeworkbook.names
nm.Visible = True
Next
End Sub

then look in Insert=name=Define to see what names are there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gizmo63" wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone come across this before?

One of my programs copy pages between a template workbook into a live
workbook and I get the message that:
"a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name
'wrn.amanda._.version.' which already exists on the destination worksheet."

I cannot find this name anywhere to remove it, it doesn't appear to do
anything either.

Baffling and irritating! Can anyone help?

Cheers

Giz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd try Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The wrn.* in 'wrn.amanda._.version' very likely means it's a hidden system
name.

Have you ticked "Show Excel System names" in NameManager

Look on both source & destination sheets.

Regards,
Peter T