Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rogue Link

I have created a workbook that calls information from several others. My
problem is there appears to be a rogue link within the workbook which is for
a workbook that no longer exists.. I believe this is a remnant from somewhere
within the development stage of the application. Although this link is not
causing a direct problem it does cause an error 'cannot find' type error on
startup - which is annoying!

I have done all the usual searches, of worksheets/macros etc, but cannot
seem to find it. As the error message only appears once I am assuming there
is only one occurence with the workbook.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to find?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 1 Apr, 11:34, SyZyGy wrote:
I have created a workbook that calls information from several others. My
problem is there appears to be a rogue link within the workbook which is for
a workbook that no longer exists.. I believe this is a remnant from somewhere
within the development stage of the application. Although this link is not
causing a direct problem it does cause an error 'cannot find' type error on
startup - which is annoying!

I have done all the usual searches, of worksheets/macros etc, but cannot
seem to find it. As the error message only appears once I am assuming there
is only one occurence with the workbook.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to find?

i down loaded a file called
findlink.xla

which searches the workbook for all links

i am not sure where i had it from but search the web for it

HTH kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Kevin

I found findlink.xla. Worked OK, but it did not find the rogue link!

This is a strange one

"kevcar40" wrote:

On 1 Apr, 11:34, SyZyGy wrote:
I have created a workbook that calls information from several others. My
problem is there appears to be a rogue link within the workbook which is for
a workbook that no longer exists.. I believe this is a remnant from somewhere
within the development stage of the application. Although this link is not
causing a direct problem it does cause an error 'cannot find' type error on
startup - which is annoying!

I have done all the usual searches, of worksheets/macros etc, but cannot
seem to find it. As the error message only appears once I am assuming there
is only one occurence with the workbook.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to find?

i down loaded a file called
findlink.xla

which searches the workbook for all links

i am not sure where i had it from but search the web for it

HTH kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"kevcar40" wrote:
On 1 Apr, 11:34, SyZyGy wrote:
I have created a workbook that calls information from several others. My
problem is there appears to be a rogue link within the workbook which is for
a workbook that no longer exists.. I believe this is a remnant from somewhere
within the development stage of the application. Although this link is not
causing a direct problem it does cause an error 'cannot find' type error on
startup - which is annoying!

I have done all the usual searches, of worksheets/macros etc, but cannot
seem to find it. As the error message only appears once I am assuming there
is only one occurence with the workbook.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to find?

i down loaded a file called
findlink.xla

which searches the workbook for all links

i am not sure where i had it from but search the web for it

HTH kevin- Hide quoted text -

have you tried changing the source?