ExcelMonkey

Default Rogue Password on Properties and References

I just merged some password protected code (modules, class modules and
forms)into another file with code that was not password protected. The
original passworded code stopped users from viewing modules and userforms.
It stopped the user from being able to expand the module/form trees in the
project window. It never prevented me from viewing Tools/References

I started having problems with the new merged file. Its prompting me for
passwords when I go to Tool/References or when I try to look at the
Properties of modules. When I try my old passwords, they do not work. So I
deleted the new modules and forms from the mereded file, went back to the old
file, turned off the password protection, saved the file, and imported them
again into the new file. When I opened it up, I went to Tools to see if i
could see the References. I was allowed not problem. But when I went to the
modules and right clicked on propterties, it prompted me again for a
password. I then went back to Tools/Reference and once again I am prompted
for a password. However it will not take my password.

I have now come to the conclusion that the problem may be with the file I
merged the new code into. This seems to be the source of the password
prompt. I started from scratch in an unmerged version of it. But what is
odd about it is that althogh its protected, the trees are fully expanded and
you can get into the code. I just simply cannot view the properties or
refences. The author (guy I work with) of the code does not know how this
happened. He says he did not consiously set one.

How do I get passed this protection? Is there a setting I can go to? I just
simply want to see the properties and turn off protection on the