Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consuming Web Services From Excel 2007

I have a highly customized workbook (lots of VBA and referenced
components) that I am converting to Excel 2007. I have a referenced
COM component that does some fancy Matlab stuff that I have recompiled
for .NET and am making accessible via web services for an ASP.NET web.
I'd like the Excel 2007 workbook to execute a method call on that same
web service instead of using the COM component. Do I have to use
traditional COM-based web services from VBA or is there some way to
utilize Excel Web Services. My understanding of Excel Web Services is
that they are for ASP.NET and Windows Forms apps only.

Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated.