Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default personal2.xls appears and now all my triggers point to it

For some reason I have a personal.xls and personal2.xls in my xlstart
folder.
It is an exact duplicate - from what I can tell (it is not exactly
same kb's but I have edited personal2.xls before noticing this issue).
I don't remember creating personal2.xls and further I don't how I
could have created it - tohave all my current buttons and shortcuts
now point to it.

I can go through, one by one, and reassign the triggers to my orig
personal.xls, but if this was done couldn't it be undone?

Is that a name excel would generate in some kind of situation?
Is this a familiar situation to anyone?
Is there a way to trick my triggers into pointing back to my main
personal.xls?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After you've verified that the workbooks are identical (or as identical as you
care about), why not just delete one of them and if you have to, you can rename
personal2.xls to personal.xls.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the main trouble is all my buttons/menus are now pointing to the
personal2.xls.
I could erase personal.xls and live with this other one, I would just
like to understand why this happened or how it can be fixed.

I know if you do a Save As for a workbook that has formulas pointing
to it, all the formulas (in currently open workbooks) will change to
point to the newly named workbook (which should be an option at time
of Save As).

I feel something very similar has happened, but I can't figure out how
to do a Save As with these hidden workbooks to the do the renaming
switcharoo.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I fixed it!
With Excel closed, I renamed Personal2.xls to Personal2.xls.bak.
I thought Excel would now only pick up personal.xls and have a lot of
orphaned shortcuts to personal2.xls.
When I got back into the vba editor, it was still there - with the bak
extension! What Excel is using to identify this as a workbook i do not
know.
So from there it was easy. Close excel, move my good Personal.xls to
another folder, rename Personal2.xls.bak to Personal.xls and open
Excel again. All my shortcuts are back to my original personal.xls
again! phew!
Then close excel, copy my good personal.xls over the bad and bada
bing.
back to normal.
just in time for the weekend!
Thanks for the input Dave,
Finny

How to activate triggers in Excel LMI Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 February 14th 07 05:35 PM
help! trouble with triggers... macromaiden Excel Programming 2 February 28th 06 05:13 PM
PERSONAL.BAK, PERSONAL2.BAK Who I Am Excel Programming 1 November 16th 05 09:25 PM
Event Triggers MVM Excel Programming 2 August 31st 05 03:29 PM
Triggers events Bourbon[_19_] Excel Programming 2 January 23rd 04 08:02 PM