Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default personal2.xls appears and now all my triggers point to it

After you've verified that the workbooks are identical (or as identical as you
care about), why not just delete one of them and if you have to, you can rename
personal2.xls to personal.xls.

Finny wrote:

For some reason I have a personal.xls and personal2.xls in my xlstart
folder.
It is an exact duplicate - from what I can tell (it is not exactly
same kb's but I have edited personal2.xls before noticing this issue).
I don't remember creating personal2.xls and further I don't how I
could have created it - tohave all my current buttons and shortcuts
now point to it.

I can go through, one by one, and reassign the triggers to my orig
personal.xls, but if this was done couldn't it be undone?

Is that a name excel would generate in some kind of situation?
Is this a familiar situation to anyone?
Is there a way to trick my triggers into pointing back to my main
personal.xls?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson