Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows Scripting Host popup method has stopped timing out

I have some existing vb code that uses the Windows Scripting Host
object Popup method to flash a timed message. I have not modified the
code, and it has been in use over a year. The popup occurs, but it no
longer times-out. I have to click the OK button to make it go away.
I get no error messages.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened that stops the timeout
from occurring? The only thing I can think is that, perhaps, some key
in the Windows XP Home registry got changed or is missing.

Here is a snippet of code:

Dim wsh As Object

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Popup "Highlighting completed.", 2, "Done"

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Curt,

A number of people have reported this problem. I have not seen a solution,
it just seems it might be a bit flaky.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Curt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have some existing vb code that uses the Windows Scripting Host
object Popup method to flash a timed message. I have not modified the
code, and it has been in use over a year. The popup occurs, but it no
longer times-out. I have to click the OK button to make it go away.
I get no error messages.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened that stops the timeout
from occurring? The only thing I can think is that, perhaps, some key
in the Windows XP Home registry got changed or is missing.

Here is a snippet of code:

Dim wsh As Object

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Popup "Highlighting completed.", 2, "Done"

Thanks,
Curt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for replying, Bob. I think you're right. Mysteriously it is
now working. Previously, I tried rebooting, but that did not solve
it. It "fixed itself", so you have made a believer out of me -- that
there are bugs lurking in the Windows Scripting Host object...

Thanks, again!
Curt

On Feb 13, 3:11 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Curt,

A number of people have reported this problem. I have not seen a solution,
it just seems it might be a bit flaky.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Curt" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have some existing vb code that uses the Windows Scripting Host
object Popup method to flash a timed message. I have not modified the
code, and it has been in use over a year. The popup occurs, but it no
longer times-out. I have to click the OK button to make it go away.
I get no error messages.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened that stops the timeout
from occurring? The only thing I can think is that, perhaps, some key
in the Windows XP Home registry got changed or is missing.

Here is a snippet of code:

Dim wsh As Object

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Popup "Highlighting completed.", 2, "Done"

Thanks,
Curt- Hide quoted text -